1000 Cities Challenge
Our vision for the Global Observatory of Healthy and Sustainable cities is that it will:
- Be used as a surveillance, reporting, goal setting, policy making, practical guidance and advocacy tool.
- Encourage the scaling up of healthy and sustainable urban design and planning efforts.
- Provide data comparability across multiple cities of the world.
- Grow to include additional city planning indicators and comparable data for over 1000 global cities.
As such, the scorecards and reports for the 25 cities, in 19 countries and 6 continents available to date as part of the Observatory, are only the beginning of a bolder, global challenge.
We are seeking city governments and organizations working with geospatial data scientists, policy researchers, and the Open Data community from around the world to join the 1000 Cities Challenge
- Use our open access tools with your own local urban spatial and policy data, for generating indicators for your city.
- Become involved in the development new urban policy and planning indicators of healthy and sustainable cities.